The 183 Windows error is caused by a series of problems with the settings and options of your PC. More specifically, it's caused by the temporary file paths of Windows not being able to function correctly - leading your PC to run much slower and with a large number of problems as a result. We've found that despite the 183 error may appear when you use such software as Adobe Acrobat, it's got a cause deep within the core of the Windows system itself. In order to repair the problems that your computer might have, you have to be able to repair the following issues:
- The "Application Path Reference" may be incorrect inside the registry
- The registry of your PC may have errors
- Windows could have problems with its software - preventing it from operating correctly
How To Fix The 183 Error
1) Modify the Application Data Path Inside The Registry
- Click on "Start"> search for "Regedit.exe"
- Browse to the following path in RegEdit:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUser Shell Folders
- Double click the entry called "AppData"
- Replace the original value with your own local profile path
- Press OK
- Restart your PC
2) Re-Install Any Damaged Software
This will replace any of the damaged parts of the software that may be causing issues. Not only will this ensure that your computer is able to process the settings that it needs to run, but will also make sure that you can get rid of the largest number of problems that could be caused by the software on your system:
- Click "Start"
- Click Control Panel> Add / Remove Programs
- Select the application causing errors
- Click on the "Remove" button
- Remove the program causing issues
- Restart your PC
3) Clean Out The Registry Of Windows
The final step is to clean out the registry of your PC. This is a very important part of your computer, as it's where the likes of your most recent emails, desktop wallpaper and even your passwords are kept. Although the registry is continuously leading to a large number of errors on your system, it's continuously preventing your computer from being able to operate as smoothly as possible - leading a large number of errors to form. To fix this problem, you have to be able to fix any of the errors that the registry may have - which can be done by clicking onto the Internet, downloading a registry cleaner application, installing it and then letting it fix the various problems that your PC may have. A tool called Frontline Registry Cleaner is the one we've found to be the best for this.